These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From CSA Farmers Market
<p>Another way to preserve the garlic scapes for later</p>Source: Adapted from Ball's Blue Book recipe for Dilly Beans, found on the www (Entered by Pat Whetham)
Serves: 4 pints
Step by Step Instructions
- You need enough garlic scapes for 4 pint jars (may be more than 6 bunches depending on size of bunches and size of scapes
- Combine salt, vinegar and water and bring to a boil. Divide the spices into four sterilized pint jars.
- Pack the cut scapes lengthwise into the jars. Our the boiling brine over the scapes, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top.
- Place the 2 part lids on the jars, tighten and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
- Store in a cool dark place. Allow several weeks for flavor to develop.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings