These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Oven Roated Summer Vegetables
<p>I did this with the veggies that were in my farm box last week. It was fantastic! If you don’t have three pounds of vegetables exact, use one tablespoon of oil per pound. Below is what I used, but you can use summer squash, mushrooms, green beans, etc.</p>Source: Everyday Food Magazine Summer 2011 issue (adapted) (Entered by Renee Gahan)
Serves: Six 1/2 cup servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 475
- Chop vegetables into 1 inch pieces. Finely chop half the onion. Cut remaining onion into wedges.
- In a large bowl, drizzle 3 tablespoons over the vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix until vegetables are coated with the oil and seasoning.
- Divide between two baking sheets in a single layer. Silpats or parchment paper are awesome to use here for the nonstick issue.
- Roast until golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes, stirring once. I let the edges of the vegetables get pretty dark, and it was truly good. Let cool on sheets. Toss with fresh chopped parsley.
- Use as a salad base for your favorite bean and some feta or serve by itself as a side.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings