These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>Lasagne made with organic heirloom potatoes in place of noodles. You can make it gluten free easily!</p> <p>This can be vegetarian if you like. We use fresh grassfed beef in ours. It does contain cheese, so probably wouldn’t work well as a vegan dish.</p>Source: I dreamed it up. (Entered by Connie Hayes)
Serves: Easily adapted to any number, but a basic recipe will serve 6-8.
1 pound Ground Grassfed Beef
1-2 pounds Organic Heirloom Potatoes (Assorted)
1 Quart Organic Pasta Sauce (or make your fave)
1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
1 Pound pkg. Assorted Italian Cheeses
4-5 Organic Vidalia Onions
Step by Step Instructions
- Slice potatoes and onions thin--using food processor or mandaline.
- Brown ground beef (omit this if making vegetarian).
- Add pasta sauce and heat until bubbly.
- Place all but 1 cup of pasta sauce in bowl with ricotta and mix thoroughly.
- Layer potatoes, onions, sauce mixture, and Italian cheeses alternately. (Use reserved 1 cup of plain sauce for final layer.) Top with Italian cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 F. for 1 hour or until potatoes stick tender and dish is bubbly.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings