These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Blaubeer Kuchen mit Streusel
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>This is a delicious and <span class="caps">NUTRITIOUS</span> recipe for blueberry cake submitted by a Georgia Southern University Meal Nutrition class.</p>Source: Becky Larson and the GSU Department of Health and Kinesiology (Entered by Market Manager)
1 quart blueberries
2 cups self-rising flour
2/3 cup honey
1 stick butter
2 tsp vanilla
Step by Step Instructions
- Streusel ingredients: 1 cup of self-rising flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 stick of melted butter
- Mix together the flour, sugar, egg, butter, and vanilla until it forms a ball with a greasy texture.
- Cut ball in half.
- Flatten halves in 2 greased 9” round pans, covering the bottom and side of pan.
- Equally distribute the blueberries between the two pans.
- Knead streusel ingredients until firm and greasy.
- Crumble streusel over blueberries.
- Bake the cakes @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until tops are brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes or freeze and serve cold.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings