These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Honey Baked Ham
<p>This is a nice way to use our perfect sized uncured hams. I found the recipe online and tries it out. It was fantastic.</p>Source: modified from food.com (Entered by Brady Bala)
Serves: based on ham size 6-8
Step by Step Instructions
- mix cider/juice, 1/2 the wine or burbon (optional) cinnamon stick, all spice, 1/2 the cloves and the 1/2 the pepper if used in a sause pan, simmer for 5 or 6 minuets.
- pour over ham, in roasting pan and bake on 375 to 400 for 20 minuets per lb till 140.
- Baste every 15 minuets with the pan juices
- 30 minuets out combine the honey, brown sugar, cloves and the wine/burbon and pepper if used in a sause pan.
- baste the ham every 10 minuets for the last 30. should darken and blister, thats ok, it makes a nice bark
- allow ham to rest for 20 minuets then carve
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings