These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Traveling Desperado
<p>A family favorite. Easy to make, add a salad and a glass of wine, your friends will think you cooked all day.</p>Source: Rowdy Stickhorse Wild Acres (Entered by Paulette Rink)
Serves: 4 - 6 people
Step by Step Instructions
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a baking dish (size is dependent on the size of your zucchini).
- In skillet brown meat & onion. Drain and set aside
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, cheese, tomato, salt & pepper.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and rinse. Place halves in prepared baking dish and sprinkle with garlic powder. Layer the meat mixture, then cheese mixture in each half
- 5.Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Top with remaining cheese then broil for 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings