These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Pepper Jelly Party Meatballs
From Tullahoma Locally Grown
<p>A quick and easy dish for parties or family get togethers! *My favorite is the Cranberry Pepper Jelly, but you can use any flavor. I usually use Mossy Hollow Dipping Sauce for my barbeque sauce.</p>Source: From the web somewhere (Entered by J.B. Brown)
Serves: 8 to 10 servings
1 bag meatballs (about 1 lb frozen)
1 bottle barbeque sauce (use your favorite flavor*)
3/4 cup Farmer Brown's Pepper Jelly (any flavor)
1 dash cinnamon (ground)
1 dash allspice (ground)
1 dash cloves (ground)
1 dash nutmeg (ground)
1 dash black pepper
Step by Step Instructions
- Dump the meatballs in a big baking dish. (You don't even have to thaw them. You can make your own meatballs if you wish - try some of the great ground beef on the market.)
- Mix everything else up in a big bowl, and pour over the meatballs.
- Put in 350 degree oven for about a half hour to 45 minutes. (or put in a crockpot overnight) Check to make sure meatballs are no longer frozen!
- 5.Set the baking dish on the table, stick toothpicks in the meatballs, and stand back.
- 6.This same mixture also works for those tiny sausages and hotdogs
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings