These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Fresh Mint Sauce
From Citrus County Locally Grown
<p>This recipe is for a delightful sauce to be served over Roast Lamb.</p> <p>See listing for recipe for Tarragon Wine Vinegar.</p>Source: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1930,146178-250195,00.html (Entered by Patricia Kirkham)
Serves: Serve over Roast Lamb
1/2 Cup Minced fresh Spearmint Leaves
1 Cup Dark brown sugar
1 Cup Tarragon wine vinegar
Step by Step Instructions
- Wash the mint and pull of the leaves.
- Combine leaves, stems, sugar and vinegar in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Lift the leaves and stems from sauce. Discard stems. Chop the leaves very fine and return to sauce.
- Serve warm over roast lamb.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings