These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Feta Turkey Burgers
<p>These incredible burgers are the result of throwing ingredients around in the kitchen and seeing what tasted good! :) I hope you’ll like them too.</p> <p>As a note, you can replace the Ground Turkey with ground beef (found here on the market)f, ground buffalo (found here on the market), ground elk (also on the market), or just about any meat you can find. Also, the Feta Cheese can be replaced with blue cheese crumbles if you desire and the cheese quantity can be reduced if needed.</p>Source: Dig In! Garden (Entered by Bryan Mader)
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix together the turkey, feta cheese, thyme, red peppers, and olives in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Create 4 equal burger patties with all of the ingredients well-distributed in each.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan.
- Cook over medium-to-high heat for about 4-6 minutes on the first side until light charring occurs. Flip the burgers at this point and continue to cook for an additional 4-6 minutes.
- The arugula and additional olives and red peppers can be used to garnish the burger on a bun.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings