These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Cauliflower and Asparagus
<p>This oh-so-good (and healthy) dish is one that we make here at home quite often. It has a great flavor and is really easy to make at home.</p> <p>Calories (per serving): 205<br /> Protein: 29g<br /> Carbs: 16g<br /> Cholesterol: 66mg<br /> Fiber: 3g<br /> Sodium: 1,444 mg</p>Source: Now Eat This! by Rocco DiSpirito (Entered by Bryan Mader)
Step by Step Instructions
- In a resealable plastic freezer bag, combine the marinade and 1 tablespoon of the jerk seasoning. Add the chicken to the bag, moving it around to coat it completely. Seal the bag and marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the chicken until it is charred and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a platter; cover it with foil to keep the chicken warm.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, spray it with cooking spray, and add the scallions, asparagus, and cauliflower. Season the vegetables with salt to taste. Cover, and saute for 2 minutes, shaking the skillet occasionally.
- Add the reserved marinade to the vegetables. Cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir the cilantro into the vegetables. Shred the chicken, and serve it on a bed of the vegetables.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings