These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Rosemary - Lemon Cookies
From Stones River Market
<p>A butter and sugar cookie with lemon and rosemary. Delicious, but not for weight-watchers.</p>Source: Entered by Kathleen Ferris. Recipe from my friend Kathy, who got it from her daughter Susannah (Entered by Kathleen and Ken Ferris)
Serves: about 3 dozen cookies
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in large measuring cup.
- In med-large bowl mix butter and 1 c. sugar. Beat at med. speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks.
- Add 3 tsp. grated lemon peel and chopped rosemary and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix well. Dough will be stiff.
- In a medium-small bowl mix together 1/4 c. sugar and 1 tsp. lemon peel.
- Shape dough into 1" balls and roll in sugar/lemon mixture. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet (I use foil) and press flat with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Cool and store in air-tight bag or container.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings