These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Veggies
From Stones River Market
<p>My son-in-law Mark showed me how to roast chicken with rosemary, garlic and olive oil. It doesn’t take a great deal of time, and the results are worth every minute.</p>Source: Mark Rimple, gourmet chef (Entered by Kathleen and Ken Ferris)
Serves: 4 or 5
Step by Step Instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Make a paste with rosemary, salt, pepper, garlic and a little olive oil. Add a squeeze of lemon juice. Allow to sit a few minutes for flavors to blend.
- Rinse chicken inside and out. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Using your fingers, gently separate the skin of the chicken from the meat to form a pocket into which you can spread and rub the herbal paste. Reserve some paste for interior cavity of the bird.
- Place chicken in a fairly large oven-proof baking dish, backside up. Add the fresh lemon to cavity. Surround the chicken with small organic potatoes, chunks of peeled organic carrots, and chunks of zuccini, all of which have been rubbed with olive oil and seasoned lightly.
- Bake chicken for 45 minutes, then turn breast-side up and roast another 30 minutes or so until it is golden brown and tests done. You may want to remove some of the veggies earlier if they appear tender.
- Enjoy your easy meal-in-a-dish.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings