These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Garlic Insect Repellent
From Stones River Market
<p>This will really keep ticks, mosquitoes, and most other bugs away from you, also family and friends.</p>Source: Kathy Ferris (Entered by Kathleen and Ken Ferris)
1/3 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic
Step by Step Instructions
- Pour oil into a wide-mouthed jar.
- Using a garlic press, squeeze garlic into the oil. Include all the pulp.
- Stir, then allow to sit for a while.
- Dip fingers and rub onto feet, legs, arms, neck and waist. This will keep away ticks, mosquitoes, other bugs, friends and family. Great for working in the garden.
- Store unused oil. From time to time, replenish garlic or oil, as needed.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings