These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Kale with Oyster Mushrooms and Garlic
From Fresh Harvest, LLC
<p>From Tally and John: “So addictive that it’s hard to stop eating from the pan after you’re supposedly done. Feeds five hungry eaters!”</p>Source: Fresh Harvest (Entered by Peg Duthie)
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 cloves garlic, sliced
1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, bottom ends trimmed (approx. 1 1/2 cups)
1 large bunch kale (approx. 8 to 10 cups), chopped
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- When hot, add the garlic and cook for one minute, until the garlic releases its fragrance.
- Add the mushrooms and saute just for five minutes.
- Add the kale and mix well.
- Cook until kale just starts to wilt and is a beautiful bright green color.
- Season lightly and serve immediately.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings