These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Sauteed Sweet Potatoes and Spinach
From Fresh Harvest, LLC
<p>Posted at the Fresh Harvest weblog, spring 2012.</p>Source: Martha Stewart (Entered by Peg Duthie)
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cut sweet potatoes into cubes; cook, stirring, until starting to soften, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add curry powder. Cook 1 minute.
- Add water and chopped red onion. Cook, stirring, until water evaporates and potatoes are tender and browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, cook spinach in two batches, adding the second batch when the first wilts (2 minutes).
- Drain spinach; add to potatoes.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar; season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings