These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Toasted Kale & Coconut Salad with Sesame Oil
From Fresh Harvest, LLC
<p>From Tally and John: “This is a very easy and delicious way to eat a bunch of kale!”</p>Source: <em>Super Natural Every Day</em> by Heidi Swanson (Entered by Peg Duthie)
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with two racks in the top third of the oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, and soy sauce.
- Put the kale and the coconut in a large bowl and toss well with about two-thirds of the olive oil mixture.
- Spread the kale evenly across two baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, until the coconut is deeply golden brown, tossing once or twice along the way. If the kale mixture on the top baking sheet begins to get too browned, move it to the lower rack.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the kale mixture to a medium bowl. Taste. If you need a bit more dressing, add some and toss.
- Place the grain on a serving platter and top with the tossed kale.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings