These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Roasted Rosemary Chicken
From Stones River Market
<p>Roasted chicken with a mixture of spices rubbed between the meat and skin. Not difficult to do, and the results are worth the effort.</p>Source: My son-in-law Mark (Entered by Kathleen and Ken Ferris)
Step by Step Instructions
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Make mixture of olive oil, minced rosemary, pressed garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Gently insert your fingers between the skin and meat of the chicken breast, being careful not to tear skin. Push rosemary mixture into the space. Don't skimp. You can mix up more if you need to.
- Turn chicken over and do the same thing along the back, drumsticks and thighs.
- Place the chicken breast side up into a baking dish. Rub the cavity with the same mixture, and fill with the lemon pieces and sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry. Rub them with the garlic/rosemary mixture and place them around the chicken.
- Roast at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken to breast side down and finish cooking. This will leave the breast moist. The time of cooking will depend upon the size chicken you have. Remove the potatoes earlier, once they are done.
- Steamed broccoli drizzled with olive oil makes a nice accompanying vegetable.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings