These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Rosemary-Orange Glaze for leg of lamb
From Stones River Market
<p>This glaze is a delicious way to finish cooking leg of lamb.</p>Source: I found this in a magazine many years ago, don't know where or when, but it has been in my repertoire ever since. (Entered by Kathleen and Ken Ferris)
1 leg of lamb
1 cup orange marmalade
2 or 3 fresh lemons enough to make c. 1/3 cup juice
3 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, minced
Step by Step Instructions
- Wipe lamb with a paper towel, then rub with a little oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over meat, rubbing it in.
- Place lamb in a pan lined with foil and roast according to cookbook directions.
- Measure out marmalade into a bowl.
- Squeeze juice from lemons to measure 1/3 cup.
- Add some of lemon juice to marmalade and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add minced rosemary and mix well. The glaze should be thick but easily spread. Add more lemon juice until glaze looks right consistency.
- 30 minutes before lamb is done, remove it from the oven and spread one side with orange glaze. Roast for another 15 minutes.
- Turn lamb and pour glaze over other side and continue cooking until the glaze looks golden brown--not burnt, about 15 or 20 minutes more.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings