These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Ikarian Potato Salad with Purslane
From Athens Locally Grown
<p>A different potato salad that is colorful, tasty, healthy, and easy to fix in less than 30 minutes. For a “chef-ly” presentation, try layering the ingredients in a glass bowl, then dressing it (with much pomp and ceremony!)at the table.</p>Source: http://www.foodandwie.com/recipes/ikarian-potato-salad-with-purslane (Entered by Janice Matthews)
Serves: About 6
Step by Step Instructions
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Peel the potatoes and slice them 1/3 inch thick. Add the potatoes to the water and cook them until tender (about 12 minutes). Drain and let cool. Break the potato slices into quarters and spread them on the bottom a a large shallow bowl.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine the olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl, and season with salt. Chop the tomatoes and herbs. To reduce the jalapeno's fire, remove the seeds and white membrane from inside the pepper (wear gloves, and don't touch your face!), and then mince the jalapeno's flesh.
- After putting potatoes in the shallow bowl, drizzle 3 tablespoons of this dressing over them.
- Over the potatoes, make layers of the tomatoes, purslane, cucumber, onion, jalapeno, parsley and mint.
- Just before serving, pour the remaining dressing over the salad and toss well.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings