These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Gluten Free Coconut Flour Banana Muffins
From Suwanee Whole Life Co-op
<p>Great gluten free muffin recipe. Makes light and fluffy muffins- not the prettiest muffins but delicious. My kids loved them! -Nora</p>Source: Sarah Shilhavy (Entered by Nora Lea)
Serves: 12 Muffins
1 cup organic coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1/8 tsp unrefined sea salt
2 TBS melted butter
2 TBS virgin coconut oil
3/4 cup milk
3 TBS raw honey
1 TBS organic brown sugar
1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas (mashed)
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven at 350 F degrees.
- Sift the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together into a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl beat eggs together. And add butter, coconut oil, milk, honey, sugar and vanilla. Whisk together to blend.
- Whisk in coconut flour mixture and bananas until well blended. Batter will be thick. Divide batter among the muffin tins lined with paper liners.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings