These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Farm Where Life is Good
<p>Colorful, flavorful rice dish that takes a little while, but a filling meal and great for leftover lunch.</p>Source: An amalgamation (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
1 small summer squash, small dice
1 carrot, small dice
1 handful green beans, chopped
1 handful wax beans, chopped
1 onion, small dice
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 sprigs thyme
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed/minced
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup white wine
1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
6 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Step by Step Instructions
- Warm the vegetable broth in saucepan; maintain on very low simmer.
- Saute onions in oil in large heavy pot until clear. Add garlic and thyme and black pepper; saute 2min. Add carrots, beans and squash; saute 5min.
- Add wine and raise heat to boil; reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and stir for 3min. Allow to brown slightly. Add broth 1 cup at a time; stirring continuously. Wait until liquid is absorbed before adding next cup of broth.
- When adding last cup of broth, add nutritional yeast. Stir until all absorbed and nice and creamy. Add parsley and stir to incorporate. Season with sea salt to your taste preference.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings