These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Broccoli Cheeze Soup (version 1, extended)
<p>Thick, savory soup with the wonderful full flavor of fresh broccoli</p>Source: Oh She Glows blog adaptation (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, onion, and garlic over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Cook for about 5-6 mins.
- Add in the celery, broccoli, and potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Now, add the broth, nutritional yeast, and cayenne pepper and simmer for another 15 mins or so until the potatoes are just fork tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare your cheeze sauce (see below) while the soup simmers.
- Carefully transfer the soup (in two batches) into a blender. Blend until almost smooth (I left it a bit chunky, but you can blend as much as you wish) and place back into the pot. Stir in the cheeze sauce, reserving 1/3 cup for later.
- Stir in optional vinegar, salt, pepper, all to taste. Finally, stir in the minced parsley and spoon into bowls.
- Top the soup with croutons, Daiya cheese, remaining cheeze sauce, parsley and smoked paprika.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings