These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
<p>Are you craving a sweet and savory, crunchy, chewy, Autumn treat to take with you on a hiking trek, in a lunchbox, or on a road trip? Make these. They’ll satisfy your hunger better than one of those store-bought cardboard bars!</p>Source: Chef Frank Giglio (Entered by Jamie Koonce)
Serves: 12 servings, more or less depending on how you slice the bars when they're done
Step by Step Instructions
- Grind Pumpkin seeds in food processor into fine pieces. Remove and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Grind squash or pumpkin in food processor into fine pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and grind until a ball starts to form.
- Add mixture to mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients together.
- On a baking tray lined with parchment, spread mixture into pan to desired thickness.
- Place in fridge and allow to cool.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings