These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Russellville Community Market
<p>This is a variation of my family’s favorite dinner when we were growing up. I have substituted yogurt for sour cream and fresh mushrooms for canned.</p>Source: McNeary family (Entered by M.E. Yamashita)
2 pounds ground beef, buffalo, or pork
15 ounces broth or water
1 T flour
2 T soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1 pint plain yogurt (preferably whole milk)
2 T oil or butter
8 ounces mushrooms
Step by Step Instructions
- Brown mushrooms in oil or butter.
- Add beef to mushrooms and brown.
- Sprinkle flour over beef and mushrooms and stir to incorporate.
- Pour broth or water over mixture and stir until blended.
- Add tomato paste, soy sauce, and salt. Let cook about 10 minutes or simmer longer.
- Just before serving, add yogurt and stir to incorporate. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve over rice.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings