These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Bread Machine Whole Wheat Bread
From The Wednesday Market
<p>This bread is a great basic bread machine recipe.</p>Source: Adapted from the "Breadbecker's Recipe Collection" (Entered by Cindee Johnson)
Serves: 1 loaf
Step by Step Instructions
- Allow refrigerated ingredients to come to room temperature.
- Put ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed.
- Make a well in the flour and add the yeast last.
- 1 lb of flour is approximately 3 cups.
- This recipe also makes great dinner or sandwish rolls. Use the dough cycle on your machine and when cycle is complete remove the dough divide into 24 balls for dinner size or 12 for sandwich size. Allow to rise until they double in size and cook for 9 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings