These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Farm Where Life is Good
<p>There are very few things in life better than cilantro rice! Try it on a Navajo Fry Bread Taco; mmmmm good. (See recipe for Navajo Fry Bread)</p>Source: An amalgamation (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 cup long grain white rice (preferably basmati)
2 cup water
1 bay leaf
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped fine
Step by Step Instructions
- Sauté rice in oil in heavy skillet or large pot until starting to become translucent; stir/shake frequently.
- Add water and bay leaf, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and cover. Cook 20min, until water absorbed.
- Simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes, or until all water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, and let sit 15min.
- Transfer rice to large mixing bowl.
- Mix salt and lime juice in small bowl; pour over rice and fold it into rice thoroughly.
- Add in cilantro, and toss well to mix.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings