These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Sweet Potato Salad
<p>I found this recipe in a magazine a couple of years ago and everyone that’s tried it loves it and it can be tweaked for personal preferences.</p>Source: aarp magazine (Entered by karen schuman)
Serves: 8-10 as side dish depending on size of vegetables used
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour. cool, peel, and chop into bite sized pieces app. 1/4".
- In a large bowl mix mayo and mustard.
- Add sweet potatoes, celery, red bell pepper, pineapple and scallions. Toss gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. The longer it sets the more the flavors marry, overnight works great!
- Fold in pecans and sprinkle with chives to serve.
- 114 calories, 28g protein, 14g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 7g fat, 2mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings