These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Gingered Cabbage and Rice Noodles
From Farm Where Life is Good
<p>Another Asian-style preparation of cabbage and noodles for the ginger-lovers in the audience.</p>Source: Adapted from Vegetables from Amaranth to Zucchini by E Schneider, Wm Morrow, 2001 (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
3 Tbsp olive oil
8 oz button mushrooms
1 head Napa cabbage
1/4 cup maple syrup
sea salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup dry sherry
1-1.5 in ginger root, grated/zested
1 cup vegetable broth
1 lb wide rice noodles, cooked (for easier serving, break into 3in pieces before cooking)
2 scallions, green and white (chopped)
1/2 cup roasted chopped cashews
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
Step by Step Instructions
- Sauté mushrooms in oil in a large skillet until browned.
- Add the cabbage, maple syrup, salt, and pepper and sauté over very high heat until most of the juices have evaporated
- Add the cornstarch + sherry + ginger mixture and vegetable stock and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in the noodles and heat through.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, nuts, and cilantro.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings