These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Focaccia bread pizza
<p>This is our favorite way to snack on leftover pizza; make sure to make enough to keep a Tupperware full of thin snack slices! I do the dough in the breadmaker to speed things up.</p>Source: Adapted from Grit magazine (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Serves: 3-4 or more
Step by Step Instructions
- Combine yeast, sweetener and water in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add ½ cup flour and mix well with spatula. Cover and let stand 30min ("proofing" the yeast).
- Add olive oil, salt and 1 cup flour and start mixing with dough hook until well incorporated. Gradually add remaining flour and nutritional yeast. Mix/knead until smooth and elastic but still sticky.
- Remove from bowl, pat into a ball and place in oiled bowl. Cover and let stand in warm location for 1hr, or until doubled.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead 4-5 times. Transfer to oiled baking sheet and stretch/press it into a large rectangle approximately 1/2" thick. Brush with oil and let rest 30min in warm location.
- Press and stretch again to make approximately ¼" thick and poke indentations all over the surface. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with fresh herbs (I put them under the veggies so they don't burn), layer with sliced veggies, sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake 375F for 25min or until crust is browned and veggies are starting to caramelize. Remove and let rest 15min. Slice with pizza cutter into strips 2-3" wide.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings