These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Peppery Grilled Okra with Lemon Basil Dipping Sauce
From Dothan, Alabama
<p>Okra is at it’s peak…great time to try this recipe!</p>Source: Southern Living Farmers Market Cookbook (Entered by Amanda Mueller)
Serves: 8 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Line a wire mesh strainer with 3 layers of cheesecloth or 1 coffee filter. Place strainer over a bowl. Spoon yogurt into srainer. Cover and chill 24 hours. Remove yogurt, discarding strained liquid.
- Preheat grill to 400-450 degrees (high) heat. Combine strained yogurt, basil, next 3 ingredients, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper, Ccver and chill until ready to serve.
- Toss together okra, olive oil, and remaining 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper in a large bowl.
- Grill Okra, covered with grill lid, over 400 - 450 degree high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer okra to a serving dish, and serve with dipping sauce. Garnish, if desired. Yield: 8 servings
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings