These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Pasta ribbons with peppers
<p>A colorful dish with rich, fresh summer flavor from the varieties of peppers. Pretty quick and simple.</p>Source: Serving up the Harvest by Andrea Chesman (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Combine onions, celery, carrot, garlic and nutritional yeast in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion mixture and sauté until fragrant and softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in bell peppers, cover and cook until peppers are soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta in large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, but reserve ½ cup cooking water.
- Add the pasta and parmesan topping to the pepper sauce. Toss and add reserved cooking water as needed to make the pasta moist.
- Serve immediately.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings