These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Tuscan Kale with White Beans and Garlic
<p>A hearty meal for a cool Fall night, plus you get your iron and vitamins! Serve with a nice, crusty fresh loaf of bread.</p>Source: Serving up the Harvest by Andrea Chesman (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Soak beans in water (to cover) overnight. Drain.
- In large pot or Dutch oven, combine beans, water, onion, thyme and bay leaves. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer, partially covered, and cook until beans are tender, approximately 1 ½ hours.
- Remove and discard onion, thyme sprigs and bay leaves.
- Return to boil and add kale and salt/pepper to taste. Reduce to simmer, stirring down the kale every few minutes until kale is tender, approximately 10 min.
- Meanwhile, sauté garlic and pepper in oil on low heat until tender. Pour over beans/kale, stir and serve.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings