These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Fall Mexican Fried Rice
<p>A fall root addition to the Winter Mexican Fried Rice recipe I posted before. Want to use up the white rice from the night before? And the glut of tomatoes and peppers? Celery root is a fabulous addition.</p>Source: My noggin' (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Sauté onion, celeriac, peppers, and tomato in skillet with 1Tbsp olive oil.
- Add broth and cover to steam veggies until celeriac is soft, approximately 5 min.
- Add rice and stir to heat evenly.
- Add cilantro and cumin (+/- protein); stir and fold to mix well and heat thru.
- Squeeze lime over rice, sprinkle Daiya cheese shreds over tope and cover for 5min.
- Stir to incorporate cheeze and lime, but not too much to make things mushy. Serve hot.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings