These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Hot & Sour Soup with Asian Greens
<p>A simple, light soup to treat a cold. Tons of vitamins in those leafy greens!</p>Source: Adapted from: Wild About Greens by Nava Atlas (Entered by Lara Rasmussen Anderson)
Step by Step Instructions
- Sauté garlic in oil in large soup pot on very low heat until golden.
- Add stock/broth + 1 cup water, mushrooms, radish, bell pepper, tomatoes. Bring to low boil and add vinegar and sugar. Lower heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are just tender (approx 5min).
- Add cayenne pepper to taste.
- Add boc choi, greens and onion and simmer until greens are wilted.
- Dissolve cornstarch in ¼ cup cold water. Slowly drizzle into simmering soup while stirring.
- Adjust hot-sour balance with cayenne and vinegar. Season with black pepper and soy sauce to taste. Serve Hot.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings